St. Patrick´s day celebrations in Madrid 2016
1. The second ever family-friendly Ireland Day in Madrid will take place on Sunday 14 March at Parque Deportivo Puerta de Hierro, from 13.00 to 18.00. Everyone is welcome to join for an afternoon filled with the best of Irish sport, music and dance.
2. A historical seminar on the “Irish Diaspora in Madrid (1601-1660)” takes place on 16 March in the Panega Travel Store, Calle Principe Vergara, 26, Madrid (Metro Velazquez)
3. This year’s SIBN St. Patrick’s Day Charity Ball in aid of Asociación Sindrome Williams España and Williams Syndrome Association Ireland will take place on 18 March at the Hotel Westin Palace. The last tickets are still available by e-mailing email@example.com
4. An historical walking tour on “La comunidad irlandesa en el Madrid de los Austrias” takes place on 19 March at 11.30. The meeting point is at Plaza de Isabel II, Metro Opera. It is necessary to book your place, so don’t miss out!
5. The traditional Irish group Púca Óg will be playing at the Seachtain na Gaeilge at the Escuela Oficial de Idomas on Calle Jesús Maestro s/n Madrid, on 17 March at 19.00.
6. Outside the city, come along to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with ASEDOW in San Sebastian de los Reyes.
7. If you fancy learning a few steps of traditional Irish and English set dancing, feel free to sign up to this workshop on Saturday 12 March at the Centro Cultural Antonio Machado.
You can find these and other events around Spain in the Spanish Embassy of Ireland´s website here.
The Hyland Team